TOURISM - HOW TO REACH MAJULI
Nearest airports: Jorhat Airport at Rowriah on the south and Lilabari Airport at North Lakhimpur on the north.
Nearest railway stations: Mariani, Jorhat, North Lakhimpur.
Nearest bus stations: Assam State Transport Corporation (ASTC) station at Jorhat, ASTC station at North Lakhimpur, Public Bus-stand at Jorhat, Public Bus-stand at North Lakhimpur arid Public Bus-stand at Dhakuakhona.
From Jorhat to Majuli:-
- From Rowriah to Jorhat Public Bus-stand: By bus/autorickshaw/taxi.
Distance : 3 km
- From Mariani to Jorhat: by train/bus/taxi/autorickshaw.
Distance: 17 km
- From Jorhat to Nimatighat: by bus/autoickshow/taxi.
From Nimatighat, one can avail ferry services to reach Majuli.
- From Nimatighat to Kamalabarighat
Departure (From Nimatighat) Arrival (Kamalabarighat) 8.30 am 9.45am 10.30am 11.15am 2 pm 3.15pm 3 pm 4.15 pm 4 pm 5.15 pm
- Nimatighat to Sumoimarighat at 3.30 pm
- Nimatighat to Dakhinpatghat at 3.30 pm
- Nimatighat to Salmoraghat at 3.30 pm
- Nimatighat to Phulanighat at 3 pm
- Nimatighat to Aphalamukhghat at 11.15 a.m.
The Sumoimarighat, Dakhinpatghat and Salmoraghat are under the jurisdiction of the Majuli Anchalik Panchayat while the Phulanighat is under the jurisdiction of the Ujani Majuli Anchalik Panchayat. The Kamalabarighat and Aphalamukh ghats are under the jurisdiction of the Inland Water Transport Department. Special ferry services are provided during times of Important festivals.
- From Kamalabarighat to Garamur: by bus/taxi Distance: 7 k.m.
- From North Lakhimpur to Majull
From Lilabari Airport to North Lakhimpur Bus-stand by bus/taxi/auto.
Distance: 12 k.m.
- From Railway station to public bus-stand: by taxi/auto
Distance : 2 km
- From North Lakhimpur via Dhakuakhana to Jengraimukh, Majuli : by taxi
Distance: 85 k.m.
Departure from Majuli
Kamalabarighat to Nimatighat: 7.15 a.m., 8.30 a.m., 1.30 p.m., 3p.m. Sumoimarighat to Nimatighat: 8.30 a.m. Dakhinpatghat to Nimatighat: 8.30 a.m., 9.15 a.m. Salmoraghat to Nimatighat: 8.30 a.m. Phulanighat to Nimatighat : 8.30 a.m. Aphalamukhghat to Nimatighat : 3 p.m.
Autumn, winter and spring, that is, the months from October to March is the best period to visit Majuli. During these months, the internal road communication of Majuli is at its best.