TOURISM - PLACES TO SEE IN THE RIVER ISLAND OF MAJULI
- SATTRAS:- The Sattra is a religious and cultural institution which is concerned with the dissemination of the principles and devotional practices of Neo-Vaishnavism - a religious movement which has had a strong impact on the religious and socio cultural life of people of Assam since the 15th century.
There are 31 Sattras recognized by the Majuli Cultural Landscape Region Act, 2006.
- BIRD VIEWING PLACES:-There are a large number of beels in Majuli which are the considered as the bird viewing places in Majuli.
- SUNSET in the southern part of the island.
- SATTRIYA NRITYA at Uttar Kamalabari Sattra.
- MASK MAKING at Natun Chamaguri Sattra.
- POTTERY CULTURE at Salmora.
- HANDLOOM TEXTILE at Jengraimukh.
- SONARI ATI for Silk.
- STALLS OF HANDLOOM PRODUCT OF MAJULI:- There are many handloom stalls in Majuli where people can buy hand weaven clothes like sador, mekehla, etc.here
Moreover, cycles and motorcycles are provided by some private information centres to the tourists at a fixed rate for travelling in Majuli.