This website is the property of Majuli Cultural Landscape Management Authority (MCLMA), headquartered at Jorhat. The person behind the creation of the website is Syed Iftikhar Hussain, IAS, Commissioner, Upper Assam Division. He is also the Chief Executive Officer of MCLMA. He came up with the idea of development and design of the first government website on Majuli and the Assam State Centre of National Informatics Centre,Guwahati was entrusted the same. He is assisted by Mr. Tanuj Goswami, ACS, Special Officer to the Commissioner, Upper Assam Division.
The website is developed and designed by Jaydeep Baruah, B.E.(CSE) and Moinuddin Ahmed, B.E.(CSE) M.Tech (IT) guided by Tasiruddin Ahmed, Technical Director, NIC, Assam State Centre with Mr Deepak Goswami, Senior Technical Director and State Informatics Officer (SIO) as the project co-ordinator. Additional support was provided by Mr. Pranjal Bezbaruah, DIO and Technical Director, NIC, Jorhat District Centre.
CORE COMMITTEE MEMBERS
|Mr. Anurag Goel, IAS||Chief Executive Officer, MCLMA|
|Mr. Tanuj Goswami, ACS||Special Officer to the Commissioner, UAD|
|Mr. Manabendra Pratap Sing, IAS||Executive Officer, MCLMA|
|Mr. Ghana Kanta Nath||Principal, P.D.Goswami College, Garamur Sattra, Majuli|
|Prof. Dilip Kumar Phukan||Associate Professor, U.M.K. College, Majuli|
|Mr. Padmadhar Pegu||Retired Lecturer, Jengraimukh College, Majuli|
|Dr. Pabitrapran Goswami||Principal, Jorhat College, Jorhat|
|Mr. Moheshwer Doley|
|Mr. Bidyasagar Deuri|
TECHNICAL COMMITTEE, NATIONAL INFORMATICS CENTRE, ASSAM STATE CENTRE, GUWAHATI
|Deepak Goswami||Project Co-ordinator|
|Tasiruddin Ahmed||Reporting Officer|
|Afjal Hussain Choudhury||Developer|
The website has been developed with the assistance, support, help and guidance from the following:
- The sections on CULTURE, HISTORY, GEOGRAPHY, FLORA, FAUNA, TOURISM, and contents of some of the SATTRAS are taken from the MAJULI NOMINATION DOSSIER FOR INSCRIPTION AS WORLD HERITAGE SITE BY UNESCO, November, 2011.
- The content of the administration section of the website is provided by Office of the Sub-Divisional Officer, Garamur, Majuli.
- The note on Majuli in the homepage is written by Mr. Tanuj Goswami, ACS.
- Majuli's Antiquity, a note in the history section is provided by Mr. Ghana Kanta Nath.
- The note on Borgeet, within MUSIC of the Culture section and the note on 'Sankardeva' within Sattras section are provided by Dr. Pabitrapran Goswami.
- 'How to reach Majuli' within the tourism section is as per information received from Office of the SDIPRO, Garamur, Majuli.
- The content of the culture section taken from the Nomination Dossier is modified and edited by Mr. Dilip Kumar Phukan.
- PHOTOGRAPHS and VIDEOS are provided by Mitu Khataniar and Samiron Goswami.
- The content of Sri Sri Garamur Sattra is provided by Sri Sri Garamur Sattra.
- The content of Sri Sri Natun Kamalabari Sattra is provided by Sri Sri Natun Kamalabari Sattra.
- The content of Sri Sri Alengi Bah Jengani Sattra is provided by Sri Sri Alengi Bah Jengani Sattra.
- The content of Sri Sri Alengi Takoubari Sattra is provided by Sri Sri Alengi Takoubari Sattra.
- The content of Sri Sri Bhogpur Sattra is provided by Sri Sri Bhogpur Sattra.
- The content of Sri Sri Purani (Prachin) Samaguri Sattra is provided by Sri Sri Purani (Prachin) Samaguri Sattra.
- The content of Sri Sri Alengi Narasingha Sattra is provided by Sri Sri Alengi Narasingha Sattra.
- The content of Sri Sri Madhya Majuli Kamalabari Sattra is provided by Sri Sri Madhya Majuli Kamalabari Sattra.
- The content of Sri Sri Chakala Sattra is provided by Sri Sri Chakala Sattra.